onsdag den 18. april 2012

Tuesday 17th - shopping and preparing home journey

It was kind of weird getting up at Sean and Alison's, without drinking my morning coffee with Sean. I'm gonna miss those mornings, but I might start drinking my morning coffee before leaving home, instead of at work.
I wanted to cook Sean and Alison a meal before leaving as to say thanks, so I went with Alison to Canyon market on Diamond Street, a very kuul little urban market with alot of ecological and enviormental aware products. Alison has some allergies, so I had to consult with her in order to pick out the right foods to cook. We ended up with a pair of ribeyes, two butternut squashes, a bundle of kale and some spinatch and prociuto to mix with a little of another kind of squash, Alison had back home.
Back home, Alison had some lunch before she had to go to work for about 4 hours, and I started baking these great tasting Chébé breads for me to bring to the airport. Alison gave me a jar of her processed pistacios, which she makes from all neutral pistacios, then she soaks them in salted water for a day, spreads them out on a baking plate, and bake them at the lowest temperature for about a day. That proces makes the otherwise hard digestable skin of nuts go more soft, and it holds the nutritions in the nut.
When the bread was in the oven, I ordered a taxi to take me to the airport in the night, as I was supposed to leave their house at 4:30 am, in order to get to the check-in at the airport in time. After that I started blogging, as I haven't been doing it so regularly up untill then, and as I was in the middle of blogging about saturday night, Alison was back home - the 4 hours had gone by so fast! So I finished up, and did the dishes, as I had promised her, before she left, and when Sean got home a little later, we started cooking. Alison baked the butternut squashes and sauted the other squash with the prociuto and spinach, Sean grilled the ribeyes, and I washed and riped the kale in to pieces to cook it, before applying some gee (clearified butter) and some yeast.
It was a feast! Every little mouthfull wtasted so great! The grilled ribeye steak had the right amount of grill to it, the sauted squash with the spinach and prociuto was a fantastic combination of vegetables and smoked meat, the kale with the yeast tastes freshing, and the baked butternut squash was sweet enough to make dessert.
After dinner I packed up my things, and we then saw the Gene Winfield movie, I bought at Vintage Ford. A good movie, telling alot about the man, that are still going strong with work days up to 18 hours a day at the age of 84!! Impressive, to say the least!
After the movie it was kind of weird to have to say goodbye without actually leaving the house. But I saw no reason for Sean and Alison to get up in the middle of the night just to send me in the cab, so we had our goodbyes at a little to eleven o'clock. I am going to miss them alot, I really think highly of them, helping me out and around in the area. The trip would not have been anyway near as good without them! I thank you guys alot!!
I went to bed for about five hours, before getting up again.

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr