onsdag den 11. april 2012

First roadtrip

Monday morning Steve, which calls himself 'Gusty winds' (no, not gutsy winds!) on the HAMB, gave me a lift, as Sean and Alissons car was pretty full, and the drive was long. So it was better to drive out with Steve to his place, and from there go the last hour with Sean and Alisson. We hit the road around half past eight, and went from Vegas to Steves place in Gilroy - which is the garlic capitol of the world, where we were at around five o'clock.
We kept it pretty clean, stopped three times on the tour. At lunch time, we drove in to the town of Tehachapi, where Steve and I went for lunch at the local BBQ place. We both ended up ordering a pulled pork sandwich, mine with Mac'n'cheese. The sandwich was great, I really need to learn to make pulled pork!
We said goodbye to Steve, after having looked a bit at his '52 Chevy, and took the last bit of road north to San Francisco. It was the firs time I was alone with Sean and Alisson, and they turned out to be really great! Although Sean is a gearhead (at least his T-shirt says), he is very much in to preserving and renovating old stuff, as are Alisson. For example, they do a lot of preservative cooking, so looking in their cold cabinet reminds me of when mom used to do all that herself.
They live really healthy, and as they asked me to dine with them, I quickly accepted, looking forward to a home cooked meal. We had some sort of cabage with this nutty flaked topping, some chicken stock and Sean and me had a piece of steak. A good, solid and regular meal, which was good after 4 1/2 days of diner and take out.

I still had to figure something out with the troublesome visa card, so in order to get up at 1 in the night (10o'clock danish day time), I went to bed arround ten in the evening.
And that was monday!

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr