onsdag den 18. april 2012

Sunday 15th- pier meet and cruize San Francisco

Sunday morning I got up to check out from the fancy hotel room and eat breakfast, before Sean picked me up at around 9 o'clock. Again a great breakfast, had a bowl of oatmeal and an omelet with tomatos, spinach and ham with toast on the side.
Sean picked me up at the now half empty car lot, and we took off. This was my first ride in the Nova, and I'm starting to really like that car! The sound from the three carburators, the headers and the exhaust system makes a great symphomy!
We went out to a small, local meetup, arranged by the carclub 'Los Boulevardos', and after a while, the cars started cruizing in to the parking lot, that otherwise was filling up with the cars of Saints fans, as there were a baseball game going on close by. There were some really cool looking cars, and even a guy had come down from Vancouver to visit and have his VW van striped by a local painter, who also had done the impressive work on a '60 Lincoln, I had seen in a magazine back home.
After hanging out there for a while and my fourth cup of coffee that morning, Sean and I went to pick up Alison close by, as they would take me round San Francisco to see the area surrounding the bay. It was a nice tour, although the weather was a bit cloudy and foggy. Sean and Alison took me up to the place, where they held their wedding ceremony at the beach, and the spot was beautiful! With the good wheater, they had that day, I can see, why they have such good memories from that day.
After a couple of hours of driving around, we headed back home, and Sean and I saw the movie "The road to Bonneville" with the two Deuce coupes from the 'Rolling Bones shop', which I had never seen. It was fun to see, and must have been a blast taking that long trip in those old cars! I'd like to be able to trust my cars that much one day, that I'd have no troubles to go on a long trip like that.
Then we had dinner, talked for a while, and went to bed.

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr