torsdag den 5. april 2012

Disaster for a start...

A saying goes, a bad final rehersal makes a great premiere- so my home trip is going to be great!

So, I got to Frankfurt Airport without any large complications, but that was never my concern. My concern started, as we landed on the tarmac. First off, we didn't land at a gate, so had to take shuttlebus to terminal 2. From there I had to get to terminal 1 by train to find the check-in counter, so as soon as the train doors opened, I started running my legs off - don't think, I've been running like that for ten years!
Finally at the check-in counter, it all started well. A helpfull guy guided me in front of the line, a lady behind the counter began my check-in, which would have been the thrid time that day. But... As she asked of my return date, I was honnest and told her, I didn't have booked a return ticket. And so she couldn't check me in.
So, there I was, stuck in Frankfurt, where I would be still, if I haven't given a damn about decent economics and if I haven't meet a very cool and insisting ticket agent- he wanted me to go almost more than I wanted to go! Many thanx to Devrim for being so cool about it!
Okay, I stood there, out of my mind for being so close and yet so far. I decided to go to see, what it would cost me to go, and behind the counter I first talked to a guy, who spoke Norwegian (close to danish), so we understood eachother. He directed me to Devrim, who quickly understood me, when I told him about the wreck my life is in at the moment - afterwards the fraise "Women! Pfft!" came up a lot!
He booked me a flight from Frankfurt to Vegas via Phillidelphia (from where I'm writing), one from San Francisco back to Frankfurt, and one from there to Copenhagen. It was a bit more expencive, but I'm still going!! And then it was setteled- I'm heading back on the 18th and it'll turn to the 19th, before I'm home.
So now I'm in transit in Phillidelphia, and from there on to Vegas, landing half past eight o'clock at night on thursday the 5th. The local (Philladelphia) time is 17:05, Vegas time is 14:05, but Copenhagen time is 23:05, and besides one hours sleep, I've been awake for about 19 hours, still need 6 and a half hours before landing in Vegas. Hopefully I'll get plenty of sleep, once I check-in at the Vegas Holtel - I'll need it for sure!
By the way, the service at U.S. Airways are great!

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr