mandag den 9. april 2012

Sunday- met more danes, walked the strip and Road Devils BBQ

At breakfast sunday morning I ordered my table, and all of the sudden behind me I heard someone talking danish! I felt in to chatting with them, and I remeber having seen one of them back home - Peter is playing a guitar placed in the lap, so he's kind of hard to miss! He was with his girlfriend Asta, lead singer and hula-dancer in their band "the Exoticats", and their friend Walter, who hosts a contry/rockabilly event about every second week back in Copenhagen. Peter asked me to join them for breakfast, so I did and we had a nice time- or at least I did! It was nice to talk to somebody from home!
After breakfast I walked the strip, taking pictures and trying not to be hustled. There are all sorts of tries to get your money out of your pocket and into theirs! Didn't find the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign though.
After the tourist-walk I went to Seans friend Nates house for a BBQ, where I met Seans wife Allison and Steve, who was smoking pork ribs- they were gooood!!
We mostly talked about cars, mostly of Nates former oval tracker Chevy, build in the 1940's, with a good sounding 6 cylinder! But we also talked about the rodders conditions in Denmark and Europe. Nate has a company called Flat Black Industries, and he gave me four different T-shirts. We got to talking about kustom plans for Steves '52 chevy, and Nate told about his plans for a '54 project, which include Kaiser tail lights! That's gonna be a kuul looking kustom, when he find a car to do it on. But as so many of us, he also has to many projects. The biggest one is to move to Utha in a few months.
Then Nate's son came home from easter egg hunt and a little later he was hungry, so Nate went inside to feed him, and Steve drove me back to the hotel.
A good day, and I even got to buy some sunscreen! Tomorrow morning Steve is picking me up around 8 o'clock, were we will be going to San Francisco. Looking forward to see that city too!

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr