tirsdag den 21. maj 2013

Crushed belt drive

This is, what I saw, when taking the crank shaft belt drive apart last night:











I guess, some of it might have gone inside, so I have to take the oil pan off, just to be sure.

As for the eledged difference in size, the only difference, I could find, was the ratchet nut:





The diameter IS the same, aproximately 30mm for the shaft, so if I had just stayed and keept on wrenching friday night... it would properbly be something else, that would have broken!

When I had the broken drive apart, and was looking at it at the work table, I was reminded, why I like having Rikke with me in the garage- she texted me a message, asking 'that thing, that's broke, can't you just go to the model A club, and buy a new one tomorrow night?'. This was one of those moments, where I'm the confused one, where her sharp mind is big enough for the both of us!
So I started counting, as the model A club is only open on the first and third tuesday of the month- and today it's the third tuesday of May, then I checked the list of inventory, and they seem to have in stock- so I'm headed there this evening.

Maybe I'll be driveable by friday... Just maybe...

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr