fredag den 3. maj 2013

A long week...

Friday I was on a bicycle cruise with the guys from Dusty Spokes Denmark and Copenhagen Custom Cruisers:


From left: me, Tim and Jesper:



Saturday I was back in the garage.
Started with emptying the block water pockets from rust, which was alot!



Then I spend the rest of the day, washing in one of those "you can almost drink it!" kind of engine cleaners, but to my big supprise it worked, when it had been sitting on the engine for about 10 minutes.



Sunday I went to a swapmeet, where I picked up another head for the AA.
Unfortunately I also broke a bolt in the rear end of the winter racer, so I spend the rest of the day sunday, all of monday, and even some of early thuesday getting it out! Not the plan to waste such a long time on the "new" car...

So tuesday I was back, cleaning up the engine, before honing it.












After cleaning the block, I made myself comfortable and started the long process of honing the cylinders by hand. Man, my shoulders was in for a workout!



Wednesday I took Annabel (the 4door 121) to the sheet metal guy, who will try to get it fixed.









I don't want to mess about with it, as the structural part are rusted through, so in this case, I'm letting a pro go to work. He has made 15 to 20 Amazons in his life, so I hope, he will do a nice job - he is getting paid, so he'd better!






And now I'm on my way home from work, to go back and continue!

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr