torsdag den 2. august 2012

New bends on passenger side

Last week was my only summer holiday vacation, which was spend meeting my newly inlaws.

So last night I was back in the Pirates Kustomz shop, hoping to have some work done. But one of the pirates, Tim, had his birthsday monday, so he had grilled some burgers and sticks, so I spend most of the evening chatting and just hanging.
At some point, people started pouring in, so I got down to it, and started on the patch panel for the passengers side. Unfortunately I discovered a gap of more than 2mm between the old piece and the new - I guess, different people have different standards, and I guess, I've had help from ones, who have lower standards than me. If I were to make the new piece fit the old skin, I would have to cut the welds and pull out the old skin to fit the new. So I decided the new had to be hammered flat and I started rebending it.

The new length fits better:


Drivers side fits okay:


Next week I'll bend it the last two times, and start welding it to the old.

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr