torsdag den 23. august 2012

Correct width demands hanging of door...

As to ensure the width of the bottom of the cowl, I need to hang the doors. So yesterday I cleaned up the door pins with a power brush and table grinder, hammered the door hinges in to place, in order to fit the hinges on the cowl, and hung the door - it took some seriously massaging (read: hammering with heavy hammer), before the three hinges on the door all could fit the hinges on the cowl.
Note to self: buy new door pins.
After that, I dreadfully discovered, that I might need to be cut off and reweld the "legs" on the sub frame (the ones, that I place the rear bracket of the cowl on) to the sub frame, as they are too wide. When the "legs" are too wide, they press the cowl outwards, and then it doesn't align with the profile of the door.

My girlfriend came by the shop, and took this picture of me, dry-cruising the build:

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr