mandag den 17. august 2015

The Ole-Henry, in the summers of 2014 and 2015

Last midsummer, I (finally!) came across a set of reasonably priced set of 17" tires to go on the front of the Ole-Henry!
So ever since I got them installed, he's been riding around on a pair of 5,50-17"s on the front, and a pair of 6,00-18"s at the back:


Luckily I had them installed, just in time for the 2014 South Island rumble, so they were tested at the gravel pit:
 It looked kuul, and I won "best show during race", but it costed me a radiator.

Here we're parking at the Fredericia swap meet, fall 2014:

I've had the pleasure of his company for 7½ years in the spring of 2015, which meant I had to have him inspected. For this, I had to (re)install turn signal blinkers and another set of turn signal arms, but besides this and a little work on the wire harness, he want through with flying colours - and on one of "my" lifts!

On the 15th of May, we went to the Trackdays meet and race, where we won the banger-class.
Unfortunately (or stupidly) when going up against a german in his black '30 Model A coupe with SBC, I broke the pinion gear in the rearaxle, as we should have left the line. (The high pitch sounds is'nt coming from me, but from the rear tires of the opponent, as he takes off!)

But my ever returning participation against every one, despite the odds, as long as my cars runs, gave me this years "special pick":

Long and very sad story short, involving a dishonest parts dealer, who for more than 7 weeks promised me a usable rear axle, it's now past the weekend of Vestjydsk Grusbaneløb, and the Ole-Henry is still at the garage with a working, but very noisy rear axle, despite my efforts in the last two weeks of wrenching parts from three different rears in to a usable one. Picked another rear axle one up last week, but lack of time prevented me from entering this years final gravel pit race.
So... come fall, winter and spring, and the 85 year old and me should be back in action, ready for next years events!