mandag den 16. december 2013

Klackie-de-klack...

After spending more than two hours under the car saturday evening, trying to mount the gear box mount (without luck- still needs the fourth bolt!), I gave up, and went down to the drive shaft, to mount the four bolts conecting it to the gearbox- only to find, the two flanges didn't fit together. I have another drive shaft, which I put in the car- so I guess, I discovered this earlier, I just can't remenber it. Anyway, that ruined my plan of getting a testdrive in the weekend, so I quit and went home for the night.
Yesterday I started mounting the starter, the exhaust and conecting all the wires to the engine- and then the sun came out!











Got the engine running yesterday afternoon around four o'clock:
http://youtu.be/4BAtJKuw6-U
But it makes a klackideklack-sound, it's not supposed to, and I fear, it's a main or conecting rod bearing. So I started out adjusting the valves without result. Next thing is to mount a radiator, so it can get warm and have full oil pressure, before I gas it up- maybe that'll help. If not, next weekend I'll properbly throw the old engine back in- it uses a little oil and waterpump is leaking, but bearings are ok... as I recall! But time will tell.

Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr