tirsdag den 18. juni 2013

Speed week-end, and removal of rear axle

So, as the differential stopped me from taking Ole-Henry to Jungle Fever, once again I went by train. The plan was to take a slow trip in the old green, so I had friday off, which I instead spend the first half with my girlfriend and other half getting there in good time.
First thing, I saw, was West's Harley and Matchless:

Then I once again fell for a Cadillac- when I'm done racing Fords, I'll cruise a Caddy!


Leif's '61 Chevy loaded with people:

And the bike, I came to ride alot that weekend:
I only took this half good picture, so pictures below are taken by friends:





Great ride, needs brakes though. Great race, did in in 2min08 and 2min12, so I didn't win. Therefore big congrats to Morten Højbye for doing two laps within 2/10 of a second on his Harley, and especially to Richard West, aka "miniWest", for doing two laps in his Anglia rod within same tenth of a second! That's gonna be hard to beat!

Going home sunday, I catched a ride with a good friend of mine and fellow MAN Diesel & Turbo employee, Stig, who drove his '57 Pontiac. We catched up with Thomas and Kim in their '32s, pretty sight:

We had both heard of this abandoned oval test track of an old brake shoe factory, and decided to stop by. It was a great experience, seeing Stig in his rather large and heavy car going by flat fooded, and I just hope, I'll be able to stop by in Ole-Henry, before the track is torn down due to new roading projects in that area.







Back in the garage monday, I drained the spare rear axle, and it looked good!

Pulling it from the chassis:
After taking it apart, this was found inside:
One broken tooth:
No broken teeth:

Pulling the old of Ole-Henry:

Luckly there were just enough space above:

Dannerrs rear axle shop:

Tuesday I'll go to the model A club and get parts, and wednesday I'll be back in the garage, putting it back together.
Keep 'em kruzin!
Dannerr