torsdag den 2. juni 2011

I found me a Kölner!!

I finally maneged to get me a Ford Kölner G28T engine, with a G38T head, like the one I have on my B engine. It seems only to be the head, there is different on the G28T and G38T model.

I started stripping it to determine its condition and to find the crutial differences with a model A engine.
Besides what I allready knew (bigger bearings, better lubrication, sharper camshaft), I discovered it has an all aluminum oil pan! That the upper half of the fly wheel housing does not have the mountingholes for the mounting brackets between the engine and car frame. And that the rear end of the crankshaft is closed in by the oil pan, instead of having a , like the A and B/C engine.
So now I'm looking for a upper half fly wheel housing from a B engine, where the bracketmounting holes are. Otherwise I could cut the bottom half fly wheel housing off the G28T oil pan, but I think it looks good, so I try finding the B upper half.
Here are some pictures of it:
































So, for now the future holds some parts searching, and then I hope to have it ready to put in to a car next spring!

Keep 'em kruzin!

Dannerr