torsdag den 8. september 2011

The sedan, who thought it was a pick-up - and how I didn't notice!

I have for several years now been waiting exited for the time, when I could start my rebuild of my pick-up. As you might know by now, I bought a rolling frame last winter, I'm meadling with engines and gears for it, and was planing on starting the rebuild of the cab this fall, hoping to have it ready for next summer.
And so I began, full of hope and good ideas, last night at the Pirate Kustomz shop, starting the mating of the cab corners to a '30/'31 door, in order to begin the reastauration of the beads. And then we discovered, that it didn't align with the beads on the doorskin, so Tim told me to go find pictures of a '31 pick-up to match. And by looking at the pictures online, it hit me: a '30/'31 pick-up cab rear piece is a one piece, not two corners, an upper and a lower midlehalf, like the parts, I have!
Our best guess so far is, that it is a converted fourdoor sedan, and NOT an original pick-up cab, as I was told.
The question now is, if I should build it as the pick-up I meant it to be, build the spare tudor or build the fiber roadster, that came with the rolling frame...

I'm still thinking...


Keep 'em kruzin - and stopping!

Dannerr